Pola is internationally recognised as a world leader in research and development, with numerous awards for product research and excellence. This work ensures the exceptional results of our high quality products.
Dedicated to safety and effectiveness
Our naturally-based skincare and cosmetics ranges are some of the most tested on the Australian market.
Pola products must achieve stringent quality and excellence standards before being released to the market. We employ over 300 research scientists who spend at least five years developing each product, sourcing and testing some of the most rare and exotic ingredients available in cosmetic science today.
None of Pola’s products are tested on animals, and our commitment to sustainability includes the design of refills, energy saving measures and low-pollutant packaging.
We stand by each and every product to confidently give you exceptional results.
Our world-leading research, patented ingredients, theory and product development, has been recognised with numerous awards.
These include numerous awards at recent International Federation of Cosmetic Chemists (IFSCC) Congress events – the ‘Olympics’ of cosmetic research excellence – for technology used in BA and BA Red, Creatage Excellent, Signs Solution, Wrinkle Shot, Silfique and WHITE SHOT CX.
• two gold and several silver and bronze awards at (IFSCC) Congress
• three grand prize for skin theory presentation at (IFSCC).
• highest award in panel presentation six times at IFSCC (International Federation of Societies of Cosmetic Chemists), on our latest brightening theory, used with Whitissimo and White Shot CX ranges.
• the 2012 PASPSCR (PanAmerican Society of Pigment Cell Research) Poster Award for White Shot Clear Serum
• Society of Cosmetic Chemists of Japan (SCCJ) for the ‘skin texture revitalisation’ theory behind the Augha range
• recognition of contribution to the cosmetics industry from Intercharm, the Russian beauty fair for professional cosmetics and equipment, specifically acknowledging Pola’s active research into the ageing process and the implementation of this knowledge into the creation of innovative cosmetics
• the 1st Society Incentive Award at the Japanese Society for Pigment Cell Research for research on ‘analysis of variation of melanocyte stimulating hormone receptor (MC1R) gene in the Japanese population’
• Excellent Paper Award at the Society of Cosmetic Chemists of Japan (SCCJ) for research on ‘a novel non-invasive method for assessing interior skin damage caused by aging and photoaging’
• a number of awards for innovative and attractive packaging design, such as the 2012 packaging design award from the Japan Packaging Institute for the BA Red range.
Pola’s sustainability initiatives also gained recognition in June 2004, when Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi honoured the POLA Fukuroi Plant (ISO 9000, ISO14000 Certified), located in Shizuoka, Japan with the Prime Minister Award for promoting green environmental awareness.